Skip to main content

Browhouses

25th. 45 Avocet feeding on the falling tide & presumably straddling the border with England to whatever extent.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These Avocets feed on both sides of the estuary so like in the past, this is a Browhouses record making it one of the top places to bird watch in D & G. [nothing to do with England!] Most of the silt there, is Scottish as it was washed out of the Esk from Scottish farms and I am sure they would hate to think they had given some of their land to the English!!
DGBN said…
Hello Anonymous. I'm well aware of the situation at Browhouses. Whether silt in the location is from Scottish farms is utterly irrelevant & arguably negatively "Nationalist". You will be clearly aware, that the key is where the border line falls. At Browhouses, it's very close to the Scottish side. This is why I included the "straddling" note, not to disclaim the 45 being a record on the Scottish side. How could I, I wasn't there! I do not welcome irrelevant comments & this should be noted by all who wish to make them. This is made clear in the comments template. Many thanks for your consideration.

Birdwatching Sites 
Tap or click here to reveal interactive map